The smallest room in the house

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

With so much work to do on the house when we moved in, after the first job of ripping up all the filthy carpets (see previous post).  We decided on our limited budget the one place we could afford to sort straight away was our upstairs loo.


Before



AFTER - Blue & white stripe wallpaper Laura Ashley sale, Bunting won in an auction on Ebay £4.99


Hubby has spent hours and hours bringing the original door handles back to their former glory.  They were almost black with dirt and age on all the doors in the house when we moved in.  Pretty hearts again an auction find on Ebay.


Love this wooden sign, cheers me every time I go in the loo.  Won in an auction on Ebay for £9.99, Hearts also off Ebay, gorgeous designer material (can't remember price or name)



Nautical inspired porthole mirror, the only item we have in our home that came from my OH's previous home (that he shared with his previous partner !) I am assured he choose it ! LOL!  

There you go the first before and after pics of the smallest room in the house.


16 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love it! (No surprise there!) But the gorgeous nautical colours then all of your little touches.. just love it! And the door handle is just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Whitelily, thank you, so do I. The men in the house don't "get it" but put up with my whims xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy, thank you sweetie. I was thrilled with how the handles came up with a bit of elbow grease (nigel's of course, not mine) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The door handles have come up amazingly well. I love the little hearts too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!!!!! You must be sick of hearing me say that, but I can't think of another more appropriate word lol.

    Again it looks lovely, so clean and fresh and I just love those little touches that pull it all together.

    Can you come and do my house pleeeeeeeeeeasssssssse!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, you *really* should be a stylist hun, that room is gorgous! when I'm rich and famous (okay..in my dreams..) will you come and do my whole house..pretty please with a cute blue sailing ship on top XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's soooo lovely! You really ought to venture into interior design or at least come and do my house!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. missielizzie thank you, yes I am really pleased with them. Took a lot of work by hubby, but he loves all that kind of thing. Even cleaned up the teeny tiny screws xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole, Icklebabe_com and Emma of course I will be your interior designer, just have a new royal client to sort our first after their wedding in April ! hhehehehe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is such a wonderful room. How is wallpaer in a loo though?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, Jen only a lady in a houseful of men could say that ! It has its moments shall we say. Infact I think its due for a change now as its been up for 5 yrs and has been scrubbed within an inch of its life near the toilet ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely room - and just what my daughter wants. I don't suppose you know which shade Laura Ashley wallpaper it was? Cobalt blue? Duck egg?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello JeanieB I think it was Lillie stripe this one from memory : ) http://www.lauraashley.com/wallpaper/lille-stripe-vinyl-wallpaper/invt/lillevinylwp/

    ReplyDelete

Love your thoughts ......