Welcome



Hi,

Welcome to the first post on my new blog. Throughout all the homes I have lived in as an adult the theme has always been white.  For me it means peace, harmony, cleanliness and brightness. 

People have always commented on my homes and one friend once likened one flat by the sea, as being in God's waiting room.  I loved that image. Pure white everywhere from the walls, sofas, furniture and ornaments. 

Even my children haven't escaped my white mania.  Children in white, makes most people laugh.  "Are you mad" "think of the dirt" but I can think of nothing more beautiful than a baby in a snowy white romper or a little boy in a classic pair of white cargo shorts with a navy and white stripe polo shirt.

Over the course of this blog I want to show how we transformed our run down 1930's Art Deco House in Devon into a haven of white and shabby chic style.  All achieved on a VERY tight budget, with the amazing skills of my husband and my love of a bargain.

I also hope to be able to set up shop on here to sell some of the lovely pieces I have collected along the way.

ooh! and in case you were wondering, no that's not my house in the picture...