The Chair Makeover - Magpie Monday

This week for MapieMonday I found this great chair in my local charity shop, for some reason it was only £5, we were really surprised about this as normally the chairs sell for £10 upwards.  I don't really know about different woods, but hubby thinks this is probably oak and quite a modern one judging by the chair cover.  All I know is I loved the shape of the back and the legs and could just imagine how it would look once it was given a "makeover".


BEFORE

Ever impatient to get my "creation" completed I set hubby to work straight away removing the cover from the seat cushion.  This was not a quick job, this chair was well made and had over 100 tacs in it holding the old cover onto the padding, once removed, the pad was in great condition so just needed to be covered.  I purchased some gorgeous Rachel Ashwell material from Ebay which was perfect for the new cover, its a discontinued material in the softest white and pink rose design. 

We sanded the chair and on Friday night I set to work painting.  I couldn't decide whether I wanted a "distressed"  or a plain chalky white finish.  I decided to wait until I had painted the chair and felt sure I would "know"  how it was meant to look.  (apologies for the lack of photo's for the in between stages, my helper "forgot" to take them.  I won't be using him again! )

AFTER


Again, apologies for the quality of the photograph, the light was going when I realised I didn't have any photographs of the end product.  But I hope you will agree, it turned out pretty good.  I  love it, now all I have to do is decide where to put it.

Chair £5
Material £8
Paint £4
Sandpaper & Staples £1
TOTAL COST £18
(Labour - paid in kind ) ; )

Please pop over to Liz at Magpie Monday to see everyone elses great finds.