Glass - Magpie Monday

When I go looking for my thrifting bargains, I don't normally look at glass. I may occasionally buy a piece but because I find it difficult to find out information about age, make etc due to lack of markings I tend to not to buy much of it.

That all changed this week when most of the items I found screamed "buy me" "buy me".  Sadly, I can give you no information on them except to say some of them appear to be Vintage.  But one thing they all have in common is I love every single piece.



This beautiful bowl is really heavy glass, pretty pale pink and clear flowers adorn it.  I imagine it is meant to be a fruit bowl.  So gorgeous, very Lalique in style.  I paid £2 for it .



Another bowl and again most probably a fruit bowl and this one I think maybe approx 1930's very deco in style and extremely heavy.  I love the Square cut design to the top, its immaculate condition and cost me 50p !  I don't know why, but my favourite charity shop has lots of lovely glass bowls they always sell for 50p !  Very odd, but I am not complaining.



I love the etched design on this bottle and the fact that it has its original glass stopper.  It was filthy dirty and in a box with lots of rubbish ontop of it, but it washed up a treat.  I paid £1 for it.  Make a beautiful luxury bath salts container (not that I would dare to have glass in my bathroom )  .



How hard is it to take photo's of glass!  Especially when you bring a mirror into the mix .



This lovely candle stick did have a mark conveniently placed on a label on the front - Etain Veritable which I understand is French and always has these lovely Pewter flower designs on the front.  Gorgeous, heavy glass.  I can never have enough candlesticks and this one for £1.



Yesterday at the boot sale blue glass seemed to jump out at me.  The two bottles on the Left are "bitters" bottles.  One a fish.  I adore the gorgeous turquoise colour.  The smaller one was 10p and the larger one 50p.  The pretty pale blue glass vase is extremely heavy and another steal for £1, I love its little feet.

Finally, it always pays to look in any boxes you might find.  I saw this pretty blue box sitting on a table amongst lots of bits and bobs and although it was really grimy I was drawn to it. 



When I opened it up, this was inside ....



Now I am certain its not gold and precious stones, but oh! soooo pretty and gorgeous pastel shabby chic colours.  I love it !



That's my lot for this week.  Please make sure you pop over to MagpieMonday  and take a look at all the other wonderful Thrifted treasure found this week.