What can you buy for £1

It seems a lot of the sellers at the boot sale today thought  £1 would be a good amount when I asked the price of their items.  Take a look at some of the fantastic bargains I picked up.


Simply stunning heavy turquoise blue glass goblets.  No idea of age, but totally too die for £1 each.  My jaw hit the floor and bounced back with the beautiful bone china tureen/serving dish its immaculate and looks as if its never been used.  No makers mark and just £1 !  I got it along with the two plates in front and a pretty Royal Albert milk jug (forgot to photograph)  all three items for the grand total of £1.70p!  As I walked away I heard the chap who sold me the items remark to his Friend "its amazing the crap some people will buy " !!! 



I've said before one of the things I miss most about our lifestyle cutbacks has been the lack of flowers.  I used to spend about £50 a month on them in our previous life and miss them so much.  The last few weeks I have been really lucky to have been given some beautiful ones from a friend's garden and then to have also picked some up from Sainsbury's on offer.  Imagine my delight when I saw huge bunches of beautiful roses being sold at the boot sale today for the princely sum of £2.50 !  I had to have some and don't they look gorgeous.  Sitting pretty below them are another of my all time favourites, I am always on the lookout for vintage glass Christmas decorations.  How pretty are the colours, several have marks and stains but I think it just adds to their beauty.   The tray full just £1 and another box full of white glass tree toppers and dangly ones for £2.



How about this pic and me reflected 50 times in all my glory!



I couldn't believe my luck when I asked the price of this white wicker basket.  These days all wicker seems to have silly price tags.  This beauty with a cotton liner too for £1 !  Woop!  I think the girl realised her mistake as soon as she said it.  Too Late, here's your £1, thank you very much ....



I also found some amazing Table linen, 2 bone china tea sets, an unworn silk blouse, a set of vintage coloured liqueur glasses, a vintage wooden folding measuring tape, a vintage wooden thomas the tank engine puzzle and 2 complete sets of 1950's serving and dessert spoons.  What a bumper morning and total spend was £25 ! 

Take a moment to pop over and see what the other members of MagpieMonday found this week, also linking up to Apron Thrifted Girl