I've discovered a secret weapon !

This weekend we thought it was about time we sold at the boot sale rather than buy.  I spent a few hours on Saturday opening cupboards and sorting out clothes.  I put together a respectable selection of bits and bobs,  nothing to set the world alight but probably make us about £50 I thought.

We were up bright  and VERY early at 5.00am, waking the twins (oh what a pleasure that was to turn the tables on them for a change ) .  Seems the World and his dog decided to sell at Exeter cattle market this week.  It took us over half an hour to get in.  We unpacked and were immediately set upon, the early morning rush began in earnest, women pulling clothes off the rails and out of boxes   "How much ! How much ? for this and this and this. "  My poor hubby, not used to this kind of female frenzy decided to take the twins for a little "walk" .  I knew what he was upto,  he wanted to mooch the other stalls. Off he went leaving me to deal with the hoards.  An hour or so later he emerged, Jarvis had acquired one of those horrific plastic, battery operated guitars and Milo a bag full of lego.  By this time I was bursting for the loo and desperate to take a look around myself.  I made my excuses, gave hubby vague instructions on our prices and wandered off with a casual remark to call me on my mobile if he got stuck.  I didn't expect much from him but as trade was slack, he was not likely to do too much damage.

Within a few paces I found this beauty


Gorgeous cast iron well, "iron" I love it, rust and all, its really heavy, perfect for holding open the door.  Bit pricey at £3 but I figured I had sold a few bits so why not.

A little further along I happened upon this tray full of cutlery !



A quick google when we got home revealed they are a varied selection of EPNS varying in date from the 1920's to 1960's.  In  need of a good clean but I loved the shapes, initials and weight of them all.  A total steal for £5 including the tray !



This little lot was a bit weighty so as I was only a minute from our pitch I decided to pop back to hubby and drop them off.  Wow!  He was doing a roaring trade, surrounded by women all giggling and laughing "oh really"  "that's a good price" "your boys are gorgeous" natter, natter, natter. ! Hhhmm! I bet he's selling all my precious stuff off for pennies .  Not so, he had doubled the prices I had given him and the women were falling over themselves to buy the stuff ! I HAVE A SECRET WEAPON! WooP !  What a winner, not only can I sell at the boot sale, I can leave my hubby to sell too whilst I go shop ! RESULT!

I dropped off my treasure and popped off for a bit more retail therapy.

The chap selling these serving dishes was so desperate to pack up and go home he almost begged me to take them.  "I really don't want to take them home again, they belonged to my gran, you can have all of the for £1.50"!

They are in need of a tiny bit of TLC but the glass Pyrex serving dishes are in perfect condition.   







What about this gorgeous quilt, it was well hidden under some old sheets and covers, but one look at the kind of things the lady was selling made me investigate further. I was so glad I did.  Its handmade and more than covers a standard double bed.  As soon as I got home I popped it in the washing machine and hung it out to dry in the glorious sunshine.  Apologies for the photographs, I was unable to get the whole quilt in the pics and it was blowing a bit, but I am sure you will agree its a beauty of a quilt for £8!





I am always on the lookout for lampshades, especially these gathered material type.  The pink one is Laura Ashley and really well made, the White one is quite old and has an old style fixing but hubby assures me we can get the necessary widget to make it fit either a lamp or hanging fitting.  The pale pink one was £3 and the white one just 50p ! again, the lady just wanted rid, and as I had hesitated because of the fitting she said "please take it for 50p" !  Ho could I refuse, it still has its original cellophane wrapping.



Finally, this little trio of royal standard fine bone china pretty cups.  No saucers but a steal for 50p each.


All in all not a bad day at all.  When I got back to our pitch hubby had done a roaring trade, so not only was I able to have an unexpected shopping spree but we also came home with a lot more pennies in the purse than we expected.

RESULT !

Please pop over to Lizzie's MagpieMonday to see what the other ladies have found this week xx