Stool Makeover

Hubby and I are spending most evenings painting old furniture and hopefully transforming them to be sold and reloved all over again.  We are still new to this and in our eagerness to get working, we often forget to take the necessary "before" pictures.  Many apologies that I don't have any for this piece, but take it from me, it was a very sad, unloved piano or bedroom stool with an awful tatty seat cover.  I hope you like what I have done with it.




The wood was a very dirty yellow colour, I rubbed it all down and gave it a light coat of white paint, when it was dry I gave it a rub over with light sandpaper.  This revealed some of the original yellow paint underneath and also gave the stool a distressed appearance.    Once I was happy with the appearance I rubbed in some Annie Sloan clear wax to protect.

I covered the seat in a lovely material remnant purchased from my good friend Helen's ETSY Shop, isn't it just the perfect match !










More items soon.  If you are interested this piece is available for sale  : ) .