Be still my beating heart !

It's been a while since our last visit to the boot sale and to be honest when hubby woke me at 6.00am this morning I was all for turning over and going back to sleep.  Thing is I know how much he enjoys our little meander together on sleepy Sunday mornings so I heaved myself out of bed and am I glad I did.

I still wasn't feeling it at first.  It was dark, absolutely freezing cold, I had forgotten my gloves and ended up wearing a rather fetching woolly Flybe hat! Some bloke even called me mate ! that's how bad I looked.

I am so glad I did go and also thank you to the person who decided not to buy as they thought £10 was too much to pay for this little lot !



I've been really keen to hand print my own labels and bags for the vintage fairs I sell at but every time I look online for stamp sets they are either too small, cheap and fall apart or don't print clearly.  When I saw this set on the sellers table I felt sure they were going to be out of my price range so when she said £10 for the lot I couldn't get my money out quick enough.



There is every conceivable letter, number and sign you could possibly need.  Borders, hearts, flowers and two ink pads etc thrown in for good measure.  Looking at the clothing the woman is wearing on the cover of the book that accompanies the set I think it dates from the 70's .



It even has the  Neo print unit and base plate - all in immaculate condition.  I can't find much info  about Neoprint, if anybody has any knowledge of printing I would love to know more.



I can't wait to get started using this and will let you know how I get on.



Something about the tarnished, worn look of old housewares that I really love.  As long as there are no cracks or potential health risks lurking  I am more than happy to buy them.  This gorgeous jug is a bit of a contradiction, the glass is sparkly, heavy, thick and immaculate.   The top is worn,scratched and tarnished.  I love it !  Don't think this one will be sold for a while.....




Soooo Pretty. This gorgeous cheese dish was lying under the table in a box full of junk!  Always, always look under the table as well as on it when you go booting.  I find some amazing stuff in boxes that people can't be bothered to unpack!







I found a selection of pretty single pattern plates and cups.  I will always buy odd cups, saucers and plates.  I love the mix and match look of vintage china and sellers are always willing to sell them for a song in most cases.


I adore the aqua colour of this plate.  Sadly there was only one but now it has been rescued and will be loved and used every day.


Ohh! la! la! what story does this plate tell ?  Gorgeous French Mademoiselle why was she drinking alone ? Did she rush off from her table to meet her French lover ? Hurrying who knows where with her pretty French poodle. 

Linking upto the lovely Lizzie at MagpieMonday