Force Charity Shop

One of the questions I am most asked is "where do I get my stock" .  So I thought I would give you a peak into one of my favourite treasure hunting shops is the Force charity shop in Heavitree.
I mentioned them last week as they are always winning national awards for the amount of money they bring into the charity.  Unilike many charity shops these days who have jumped greedily onto the band wagon because of the vintage trend, Force (mostly) don't charge extortionate amounts for their items.  Consequently the stock turns over very quickly, the customers always have something new to look at and are happy with the cost, and the shop gets lots and lots of lovely cash.
Sorry about the quality of the photos I was trying to take pictures on my phone without anybody either seeing or having their picture taken.

IMG-20130212-00181

As you enter the shop you have the till and the ladies, mens and childrens clothes section.  Always lots of great bargains and most of the clothes are sold for a flat rate of £3 unless deemed "special".  All items are always in great condition, nothing is smelly, rarely anything wrong with them.  All clean and ironed before put out on display.  I recently purchased a brand new pair of boots (with next label for £69 still on the bottom) for £6 !!

IMG-20130212-00180

Up the step and turn left you have the childrens toy and book room.  Lots of lovely clean toys on sale and often many collectable items.  Childrens books on sale for 20p each.

IMG-20130212-00178

Out the door, turn left and you have walls lined with nic nacs, picture frames, toiletries, vases and more

IMG-20130212-00177

Into a long room filled from floor to ceiling with shelves full of crockery, ornaments, pictures, music section, teapots and more.

IMG-20130212-00171

This is where I get most of my plates from.  All the plates stacked on the floor are just 10p each, bowls usually 50p.  You won't find anything on these shelves over £3.
The room at the end (sorry didn't get a photo ) is full of bedding, cushions, haberdashery, buttons, fabric, knitting patterns and more.
back up and off to the right, outside into the "lean to" is where small pieces of furniture, garden wares, picnic bits, plastic homewares, flowerpots and the 10p cups and saucers are kept.
Looks like somebody beat me to it on this day.  Not much to choose from.

IMG-20130212-00168


IMG-20130212-00170

This is what I found that day.  The brown cups and saucers out of the 10p box are Wedgewood.

IMG-20130212-00169
So there you have it.  I missed out the main book room and the front display room which contains all the big pieces of furniture.  Sorry, but as you can see its a real treasure trove.  I love it.
Linking up with Liz at MagpieMonday