Bootsale Season is back !

In the days before the shop and the storms, I was known to drag myself out of bed at 5.30am every Sunday come hell or high water and whatever the season.  This past winter I have to admit to rolling over and flinging the alarm clock across the room or if I was feeling a little uncertain, dragging myself out of bed and peeking through the curtains before hurrying back to my warm cosy nest.

Not this morning though.

The forecast was for bright sunnyness and even my normally stalwart hubby wasn't going to deter me when he declared from the depths of the duvet that he wasn't coming.  I positively sprung out of bed (well, not really, but you get the picture) and set off to the Exeter cattle market with that lovely feeling of adventure and what will I find today ness !

I wasn't actually prepared for the the sight that met me as I rounded the corner of the road on Marsh barton.  Queues of cars in every direction !  I think almost the whole of Devon had turned out.  Unable to park in my usual early bird car park I had to settle for a bit of a hike to get to the bootsale.

Not impressed !

Although there were more sellers than the park could accommodate it wasn't the greatest day in terms of treasure found, or maybe I was particularly selective as I am closing the shop and don't really want too much stock at the moment.

Here is a selection from my little haul.



Pretty pink ceramic heart bowl and butter dish 



Pale buttermilk metal planter/basket




 Basket !  ah !  How I love wicker baskets !





Wooden utensil trug



Vintage painted mirror, will clean this up and give it a little shabby treatment and it will be good to go.



A couple of pretty wooden heart trugs and a huge haul of painted wooden hearts

Likig up with the lovely Liz at #MagpieModay