That's all folks !

Friday, 28 March 2014

Has it really only been a year since I opened my dream of a shop ? 








Its been a roller coaster of thrills, fun, huge learning curve and hard, hard work.

 I've met some wonderful people, made some friends I am sure I will keep for life.

I've laughed, cried, screamed and raged.

I've learnt there's nowt as strange as folk.

I've realised just how much work and effort it takes to set up and run your own shop.

I've discovered there really are not enough hours in the day.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for all those independent businesses out there who have battled on through the years to continue their dream.

I've learnt that actually you can't have it all.

I've realised I love my family more than anything else and that they really must come first.

So its goodbye shop,

hello 9 - 5, holidays, family, less stress, tidy home, smiley mummy,

time for friends, lazy Sundays, housework and dreaming.......

Thank you to everybody who took the time to support and encourage me,

who visited my shop to chat and browse, to mooch and buy, who purchased from afar on facebook and twitter , who came back time after time to buy and build up friendship.

Mostly thank you to my wonderful husband who never once said "no you can't" who has always stood by me, supported me, worked for me, built, nailed, fixed, painted, carried and more.

For always allowing me to have my dreams.  I love you for all that you do and all that you are.




14 comments:

  1. My darling daughter what can I say you have followed your dream against all the odds and achieved so much, and as that famous man said "I shall be back" and who knows this may be true.
    You have put your family first and for this only you will know the sacrifices it has taken to leave a dream behind, in time they will come to appreciate what you have done and the way you have thought of their well being through it all only goes to show what a wonderful mother you are, and with Nigel by your side I am sure the sun will shine . I am so proud of all you have achieved and strength of character always there to help anyone xxxx love you Mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just made me cry!! Well done for being ballsy enough to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Maybe I'll be back one day xx

      Delete
  3. it may be THAT'S ALL FOLKS TODAY but u r certainly not done and dusted - with such a creative mind, drive, passion and good heart u will not stop it's in your blood and things will be better & stronger and hopefully a lot less stressful from this day forward my lovely lady! u r one in a million and strive for perfection in everything that you do and guess what - that will never stop be it as a creative woman, wife and mother of that I am sure.

    enjoy your well earned glass of wine tonight!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. says one creative woman, wife and mother to another. Thank you lovely I really appreciate your lovely words. Am sipping that glass of wine at the moment, waiting for a takeaway and dreading tomorrow (last day) actually xxxxxx

      Delete
  4. All the best for your future plans - whatever they might be!
    Look forwards - it's all a big adventure! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane - I intend to still keep selling online and fairs so will certainly be in touch to buy more of your beautiful products. You have an amazing talent, wishing you much love and success for the future. xx

      Delete
  5. You should be dead proud of what you achieved with the shop, and the website and blog have been lovely reading. But us mum's can't have it all-not if we really want to put our children first. I resigned my post a couple of years ago after I realised at the end of my maternity leave, that I just wouldn't be able to make it work. And I'm glad I did. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. You are right, you need an awful lot of support to be able to run a business like this properly. Feeling tired and sad at the moment but feel sure this will pass especially at easter when I go to visit my parents with the boys and have time to chill and play. x

      Delete
  6. Good for you having a go. It is one of the toughest things I've done running my own business. Mine is still at home and event that causes some turmoil for the family and I have had to size it back. Far better to move forward trying something and learn from it than to do nothing and stay in the same place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anthea. It has been a great year and a real learning curve. I am so glad I did it and leaving it as a success has proven I can do it but family really does have to come first. Very best wishes for your business x

      Delete
  7. This is really nice topic, which is very use full for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for trying to follow your dream...and then realising when it wasn't working for you. Maybe when the kids have grown up a bit you could return to it? I have every bit of respect for you in even trying it in the first place! I am too scared.

    ReplyDelete

Love your thoughts ......