Decorating the hallway (again)





I love white, all the rooms in my home have white walls but about 6 years ago I saw some stunning wallpaper in Laura Ashley called Summer Palace.  It was on 70% reduction so I snapped up all the rolls they had left in the bin and hurried home to tell hubby he had some decorating to do.  You can see it in the staircase makeover HERE .

Six years down the line Summer Palace has become really popular and the final nail in its coffin to keep it in my house, was when I saw it decoupaged on a piece of furniture in a shop !  Sorry hubby but time to decorate the hallway again.  Luckily he agreed as the paper was starting to look a little grubby and faded.



On a trip to B & Q to buy paint supplies I noticed some beautiful, bright paper on sale. Again massively reduced and also the final batch as it was going out of production.  Yippee, not only reasonably priced but also hopefully never to be seen again for sale so I won't have to suffer seeing it decoupaged somewhere (I hope).  The only problem was it would mean I would have to also re-paint my beloved pink stairs !






I found this mirror at the vintage trading company in Exeter.  A large gilt piece, I painted white and lightly distressed.  Looks perfect.




I painted the chair in a dip dye style.  I recently painted a dressing table for a customer in a similar style and loved it so much I have decided to paint a few more pieces.







Love my hubbie's attention to detail in how he matched the wallpaper up round the corner.



Sorry about the quality of the photographs I really do need to save up for a proper camera and stop using my phone !