Front Door




We live in a classic art deco house - large, painted white with a flat roof.  Our house has been classified as
"of local interest"  so we feel its important to keep the outside looking as good as we can.  In recent years finances and time have dictated that our home has become the poor relative in a row of gleaming white houses.   I took desperate measures and finally managed to convince my husband that the outside of the house really was a priority job!

The house is now a gorgeous gleaming white and I can finally walk out of my home with my head held high and not sneak in and out under the cover of darkness.  One small problem is the gleaming house now shows up the old fashioned door, and not old fashioned in a cool art deco way, but old fashioned in a faux modern reproduction.  It has to go!






I've had my eye on some stylish doors for sometime. Who knew there was so much choice out there.  I want a door that suits the style of the house and is in keeping with the lines of the art deco house but that has a modern twist.





 I think I have found my perfect door, but until its in pride of place along with the new wall mailbox (no letter box in this door you see) , I 'm keeping it under wraps.