Happy Halloween


We love an excuse for a good party in our house, especially if it involves dressing up.  Over the past few years with the help of the internet and the high street shops there are more and more free
or affordable "props" to dress the house.  

On my regular browse through Pinterest I came across these great mice cut outs downloadable for free from Martha Stewart  , printed them off onto sticky labels, cut them out and stuck them onto our wooden staircase.



As I had some labels left, I though a simple idea for the chair backs as they have white covers would be to turn them into spooky ghosts.  Again using sticky labels I drew simple eyes and mouths, cut out and stuck them on .



I found the gorgeous felt cobwebs in the Poundland for yes, just £1 each.  They are supposed to be placemats but I thought they would make for a great version of musical chairs.  I came up with this idea and have called it musical webs, if it takes off, you saw it here first !  We are expecting a lot of children tomorrow night so chairs could result in a disaster, let alone the space required, these will do the job just as well with the children standing on the webs.  (I hope).


I love thinking up alternative uses for everyday items.  Another great find in  poundland were these table clothes.   Perfect to hang up at the window for a great spooky effect.



Sorry for the quality of the photo, its hard taking a pic with your phone into the light of the window.




Can't wait to get all dressed up and bring on the spooky party time.