Ugly House - New Channel 4 programme



Recently hubby and I have had discussions about taking down walls in the house and extending out the back of the house.  I won't settle for the ordinary and predictable but
sadly as is the way,  innovative design usually comes at a cost.  Talk of an Architect to draw up the plans in my head, fill me with dread (even though kind twitter pals have assured me its not as costly as I might think).  So my heart skipped a beat when I read an email that pinged into my in box today.  Channel 4 are looking for homes to take part in a new TV programme called Ugly House.


I wouldn't call our classic, original art deco house ugly, but I can certainly imagine how wonderful it could look if the whole of the upstairs floor was reconfigured to to give us 4 instead of 3 bedrooms and an extra bathroom.  The existing generous sized rooms would certainly allow for this.

Downstairs taking down the wall between the kitchen and the dining room, blocking up a doorway and extending out the back of the house with a two storey glass and wood extension would certainly turn our home from the ordinary to the extra ordinary !  But of course finding an architect to bring my dream into a reality would most likely gobble up the paltry budget we have for all the work !  Sadly you have to have your own budget for the Ugly House project so that's us out, but if it seems like something you might be interested in why not get in touch with the production company.



ugly house
A ‘DEMOCRATIC DESIGN’ SHOW FOR CHANNEL FOUR TELEVISION, MAKING ASPIRATIONAL ARCHITECTURE ACCESSIBLE

DO YOU HATE THE HOUSE YOU LIVE IN?
IS IT UGLY, DATED, IMPRACTICAL?
HAVE YOU GOT THE MONEY TO RENOVATE IT
BUT LACK THE ‘KNOW-HOW’ TO DO A RADICAL REDESIGN?





  

Would you like the help of a ground-breaking British architect to help you transform the place you don’t want to live in, into a space that works for you and your family?
If so, we would like to hear from you. We are making a new series for Channel Four Television that celebrates the power of good architecture to transform unloved housing stock into exciting spaces in which to live.
You need to have your own budget and want a radical redesign of your home. We are looking for projects that can be achieved in 3-4 months.
Please email: uglyhouse@betty.co.uk or call NOW : 0207 290 0548