Pinterest for Independent Business






This may seem like an obvious thing to say but if you are an independent/small business then you should most definitely be making full use of Pinterest and all the free social media resources available these days.
I am always surprised by how many people I speak to who don't use platforms like Pinterest to help drive custom to their business.  When I ran my businesses I always took full advantage of every free platform I could find.  I was able to reach and grow my customer base far more effectively than by just having my shop or website and sitting back waiting for people to find me. You do need to be proactive though and it can be hard work, but once set up its invaluable.


My shop

Pinterest started out for me as a relaxing way to pin beautiful images but soon became much more when I realised its potential for my business.  I began posting images of items I had for sale, pieces I had re-furbished or painted.  I communicated with customers about new items in stock, best sellers etc It was a gift of free advertising.




These days my shop board is combined with my blog HERE  .  I've been fortunate  to grow all my social media platforms over the last few years.  My Pinterest account in particular has benefited and I now have over 130,000 followers, and as I am a big supporter of independent businesses I thought it might be a good idea to set up a board where independent/small/home craft businesses could pin their images and hopefully get a some additional exposure from my followers.



I've set the board up HERE  all you need to do to pin your images is contact me by either leaving a comment below, or by following my pinterest board and leaving a comment or by email at info@thewhiteapproach.com .  I'll need details of your pinterest account and then I'll add you to the board.

Hope to welcome you soon.