The Cup of Tea #BoysBasics


Last month I thought it was about time the boys started to learn the basics of how to take care of themselves. 
We kicked off with a cookery post HERE .  Today we moved onto the simple but essential task of how to make a cup of tea.  Milo decided he would like to give this a go so he could bring me and daddy a cup in bed !




Firstly pick up the kettle, might seem like a simple thing to do but oh ! the fuss over which hand to use, which way round it went, how do I hold it AND turn on the tap.  I have done this so many times in my life I don't even think about it, but to a 10 year old boy, Oh the STRESS !


The art of filling the kettle.  Don't fill it to the top Milo, not only will it take forever to boil, its a huge waste of energy.  Only put in as much water as you need, that way you won't waste electric and you get fresh water boiled each time.  "This is soooooo complicated mum "


"Switch the kettle on Milo"  after about a minute of standing there.  Obvious to me, not to him.


Tea bag in the cup.


Concentrate Milo.  When the kettle has finished boiling and you hear the buzz to telling you its ready (and not before) carefully pick the kettle up and pour the water 2 thirds of the way up the cup.  I had to explain this very carefully as he just kept pouring the water, not sure what he thought would happen when he reached the top of the cup .



Add two sugars for daddy,  yuck too sweet for me but he loves his sugar.


Add the milk (yep, in this house we NEVER add it first)  leaving the tea bag in so you can gauge the strength.



Remove the tea bag, oh the concentration.  Give the cup of tea a stir and hand to daddy !

That's it, Milo was very happy with the end result and so was daddy.  #BoysBasics