May #Stylewise Charity shop Bargains


The half term didn't get off to a good start when I came down with a lurgy and actually took to my bed (unheard of ).
Our planned trip to Cheshire had to be cancelled and as I lay feeling proper poorly in my bed the sun shone happily into my bedroom.   Finally, today I actually felt human again and as the boys were whisked off by a friend to Crealy I decided to have a shower and take a walk into town .



I don't get much chance to mooch around the charity shops these days but have certainly noticed a difference in whats about.  Slim pickings indeed.  My first find was this beautiful white ceramic Soup bowl with plate.  Very "The White Company" and a steal at just £2.



 Everything tastes better when you eat it  from beautiful china.


Onto the next shop and I found this lovely heavy silver bauble bangle. Apologies for my
 reflection !  Bargain buy at just £1.25.  In the same shop I found this gorgeous Navy blue Linen skirt from Monsoon.  Fully lined and immaculate condition for just £4.


I love linen, I really don't care that it gets crumpled the more creased the better as far as I 'm concerned. By the way, do you like my new floor ??


I love the ruffle down the side.  Going to wear this tomorrow with a striped Breton top.


Just so you know I really do find these bargains in charity shops I have remembered to take some pictures with the shop labels still on x


In the same shop I also found two white tee shirts.  Can never have enough white tee shirts.  Not sure why this photo came out in black and white !




Walking home I popped into what used to be my favourite charity shop in Heavitree.  Not sure what has happened there in the last 6 months but not only does it now look shocking inside it just doesn't have the treasure it used to.  What it does still have though is a great book and magazine room.
I found the Olive Readers for just 80p along with the Harpers Bazaar Magazine (March edition) for just 10p !!!  I also found a whole stack of Granta (the magazine of new writing)  I have never come across these before but as usual I was drawn to the cover and when I opened it I was immediately drawn to this ;

"This issue of Granta is by people, and about people, whose experience of life suggests they have something to tell us about survival"


I was hooked...