Shopping the shops


Working full time in a "proper" job these days leaves me very little time to go bargain hunting. Having spent over £300 on new uniform, shoes and other
back to school essentials this month there is not a lot left in the pot.  I wasn't going to let this stop me popping out for a whizz round the shops to see if there were any bargains to be had.  First stop the Matalan clearance store in Exeter.  You can be sure of always finding a bargain in there, whether its underwear, shoes or stuff for the boys.  Nothing for me today but I did find these gorgeous, cuddle grey dressing gowns for the boys for just £1.50 each !  perfect for the coming colder months and a real hit with the boys.


Next shop and just next door.  The Range.  I have shopped here for quiet a few years now and their products have just got better and better.  What I would give to be a buyer for this company.  Lots of good quality homewares and crafting products at great prices.  I have been looking for a mirror for the new utility/toilet for some time.  When I say this trio of white mirrors I knew they would be perfect for the space and at just £5.99 for the pack.  Another great result !


Putting them on the wall like this gives us a mirror to suit the height of all five people in our home !


Always important to have symmetry.  I balance everything by having sets of three, yes I know I have issues.


The Range always has a great selection of lighting too.  They really have the trends sorted out and are also very affordable.  I have been looking for a shade for a lamp in my living room for a while but have been unable to find the right thing at a price I could afford.  I snapped this us when I saw it on a bottom shelf for just £3 !  It was clearly originally part of a lamp with a base, whether the base was broken or damaged  not sure but I was very pleased to buy it.


Perfect !  Exactly what the tripod stand needed.  Now I feel it is properly balanced again.  The original shade was just too small and irritated me everytime I looked at it.


When I am over on Marsh Barton I can't leave without popping into one of my favourite places to have a mooch.  The Vintage Trading Centre on Marsh Green Road East.  I used to have a space there and long to get back selling again.  Its been open for nearly three years and is thriving under the new ownership of Stuart and Shelley.  You can be sure of finding the unusual and interesting there.  I found this vintage cabbage masher and a few other treasures to add to my website stock.



Absolutely love this clay pestle and wooden mortar (or is it the other way round ? ) Do people still use them ? I would love to know what for.  I just think they make beautiful items to display in a kitchen.


Lastly this immaculate old wicker basket with painted detail.  Perfect for your knitting or crafting /sewing bits and bobs.  Nice to find one with a matching lid.

So glad I popped out.  Hardly spent anything shopping the shops this week.