Boot Sale Bounty - Magpie Monday

We were up bright and early to go to the boot sale this week, as hubby only has 2 weekends off shift per month now we have to make the most of our weekends.  Arriving at 6.30 with a light smattering of rain I wasn't hopeful.  Not many stalls but loads of people on the hunt for bargains.  As a seller I hate it when people all lunge at your table as you are setting up, so I tend to hang back when I am there as a buyer.  No killer instinct !  This didn't stop us from getting some great bargains today though.

First up this fab chair for £5, we are almost at the end of our renovations on the house and hubby is building a bookcase/computer desk in the corner of the living room where we can house the family computer.  I wanted a chair that would be comfy but also fit in with the style of the room.  This chair will get a few coats of paint and a nice seat pad and hopefully will work well at the desk.



Next up two storm lamps.  The lady had them half full of sand with the most awful brown candles in them.  She wanted £5 for the pair, its always a good ploy to hesitate and not say anything for a moment or two.  I'll take £4 she said.  I told her actually I didn't want the candles or the sand and could I have them for £3, ok !  Deal done.  Nice wash in hot soapy water once home and some nice white candles and they are transformed !





I love candles and am always on the lookout for them.  This pack of six 12 inch Mayfair candles had the original price tag of 46p on them.  I paid £1  ! That's inflation for you.



I love to find books that are a bit different, I came across these four in immaculate condition and with beautiful covers and quirky titles.  I haven't heard of the author Edward Monkton (I know where have I been)  they are fab books and I got all four for £1.50.





Just along from this lady was a chap selling lots of selvage bits and pieces including this mirror he only wanted £2 for it!  It would have originally been attached to a dressing table.  We of course snapped it up.  Just need a bit of a clean and new fixings on the back and it will make a lovely addition to the top of our stairs.




Trying really hard not to buy anymore china I'm afraid I couldn't resist when I saw these. I seem to have accidentally started a collection of buttermilk coloured china.  Its the most beautiful soft yellow and amazingly all the pieces I have match perfectly.  The cups and saucers and milk jug are JB Honeyglaze ware and are in immaculate condition and a steal at £4. 
The large Jug was 50p and is Alfred Meaking and the gorgeous Tureen was £10 but I couldn't walk away from it, its sooooo gorgeous I keep looking at it. 









Next up a great find by my hubby these lovely Pewter Salt and Pepper pots made by Viners, again a steal for 50p !





and finally, because I can never resist a beautiful glass (and am always breaking them) three really heavy cut glass tumblers for 20p each.



So there you go, quite a collection this week and total spend of just over £27 !  I am really pleased.  Don't forget to pop over the MagpieMonday to see what the other girls have been upto this weekend.