Boot Sale Treasure


Hubby is working today and I needed the car, so what else is there to do after dropping him at work at 6am, but pop along to the bootsale at Matford in Exeter.
  I've been going there on and off for over 20 years and even though there are many in and around Exeter at much more civilised times of the day, this one  to me is the biggest and the best.

Found these handmade candles for just 20p each.  Not sure what the coloured detail is on the front of both of them, it almost looks like a section of rock.  Very pretty though.


Essential two spouted vintage jug!  Every home should have one, what for I'm not sure, but its white and a jug.  Two of my obsessions and again a bargain for 20p.


There is always a fruit and flower seller at the bootsale.  His quality and quantity of flowers vary from week to week.  But today managed to find two large bunches for just £2.



 I can never resist beautiful vintage gloves.  These are tiny.  They don't even fit Jarvis who has small hands for a 10 yr old boy (yes I did make him try them on) Think they must have been for a very slender lady not a child as they have long fingers.  Size 6.5 Kid leather, made in France by Dent's .



French style shopping basket.  Immaculate condition and a snapped up bargain for just £2 !



Two bread baskets.  Always useful and immaculate condition.  I had a lovely chat with this stall holder, a 70 something lady who has been selling for many years at Matford.  Another obsessive who enjoys sourcing and selling as long as she makes a little profit she is happy.  She loves chatting to the people and saves any money she makes to go on holiday.  I really love that aspect of the Sunday morning boot.  There are many regular buyers and sellers and its so nice going around meeting friends, chatting to people and finding treasure.


I often kick myself when I get home if I have passed up an opportunity.  The lady selling these baskets had lots and lots of them.  They are excellent quality and have so many uses.  I only bought three !  I wish I had bought a lot more of them.


When I have finished my initial few rounds looking for stock or treasure for the home.  I pack the car and then go for a leisurely walk around the bootsale.  You can often spot items you may have overlooked initially.  The twins often read at night in bed and love the Horrible History series so I snapped this little lot up for £2 .  Milo was very happy.  They are immaculate, look as if most of them haven't even been read.

That's all for today.  I must say I am much more restrained these days.