George Nelson Style Wheel Clock


The offer of a clock to review from Vita Interiors came at just the right time.  With our new kitchen /dining room complete,
I recently pointed out to my husband how useful it would be to have a clock on the wall that I could actually see from my almost, permanent position on the sofa.

I selected the George Nelson Style Wheel wall clock from Vita Interiors impressive range of modern and reproduction clocks.  You can take a look for yourself  HERE  It is described on the website as high quality reproduction in the style of the original design .  I was drawn to its classic but also modern style and thought it would fit perfectly with our decor.



It arrived quickly, and was very well packaged.  On unpacking the clock, I have to admit to being slightly bemused by the yellow tape !  Especially as several of the pieces of tape were sticking up and coming loose from the clock.



Maybe it was for protection ? was there something underneath it ?  I couldn't remember if the photo of the clock on the website had the same "tape" on it.  I checked back to the website and the photograph resembled more the original design George Nelson wheel clock which had actual brass inserts to represent the numbers of the clock.


Original George Nelson Wheel Clock

I appreciate the clock I was sent is "in the style of" and that the originals now sell for many hundreds of pounds but I am afraid I do think the yellow tape let down what is otherwise a beautifully made, first quality clock that I am proud to display on my wall.

There was only one thing to do.  Remove the tape.  You can still tell the time and to be honest, I think the clock looks much better for it.

Even looks more like a steering wheel now.








Review post