The perfect sofa!




I've been looking for the perfect striped sofa for a long time.  I had in my head exactly what I wanted, a relaxed deck chair striped look in blue and white to continue the beachy theme in my living room.  Something that was comfy
and didn't look like it was trying too hard.  Finding the right sofa at the right price proved a lot harder than I thought.  Then, as if by magic, I received an email from sofasofa a family company based in Wales who have been hand crafting sofas since 1981.  They asked me which sofa I would choose from their range and although their website is packed with beautiful sofas in every shape, size and budget, I had no hesitation.  I was in love with the Newport, it was perfect !



Two very friendly men turned up in a big orange lorry and very quickly unloaded the sofa.  They were amused when I asked if I could take pictures of them for my blog but were more than happy to oblige.  Sorry chaps in my excitement over my sofa I forgot to ask your names !



They manoeuvred the sofa quickly and painlessly into the front room and unpacked it.  The whole delivery process was super fast and efficient and the delivery men a credit to their company.


Its a perfect fit for the space.  We moved our large corner sofa out of the living room into the new Kitchen/Dining room. You can see the transformation HERE  we wanted the big corner comfy sofa in the new space but also because we are planning to reclaim the living room as an adult space.  The new newport sofa is the first piece of furniture in my plan to finally have a gorgeous seaside living room.



Today, I put away the boys chairs that are used to sit at their computers (hidden away in the bureau/bookcase my hubby built).  Although its important to us to allow the boys their computer time somewhere where we can monitor them, it can also be a bit of challenge of an evening if we are also trying to watch the TV.  So the plan is sometime in the near future to move the computers out of the living room.



The newport sofa  has loose covers which is always a bonus with children in the house.  They are made from cotton polyester blend but honestly look and feel like linen.  I was amazed to discover that there is a whole range of different coloured loose covers to fit the sofa for the bargain price of £125 !   I am going to buy a set in the beautiful capri duck egg for when I fancy a change.



If you are looking for a new sofa I would strongly recommend you pop over to their website HERE and take a look, last orders in time for Christmas approx the 2nd week in November.  I am so impressed with the quality of the newport.  As they manufacture in their own workshops and sell direct to the public, they are able to keep costs down.  I was amazed by the value of the furniture and accessories on their website.


All of the furniture the company sells goes through rigorous testing and has to pass all the British Standards for general domestic use.  All the materials and construction are guaranteed for two years and the hardwood frames have a standard five year guarantee.  Not bad for such great value for money products.  I am a massive advocate of British companies and sofasofa is a wonderful example of Great British craftsmanship.





I am so thrilled with the perfect match to my living room.  Hubby is even relieved to know he hasn't got to fork out for new curtains just yet !

Review post - sofasofa kindly sent me the Newport Sofa.