Sorry can't wait .......


I've never been the most patient person.  If I want something, I have to have it now.  If I need to do something, I need to do it now !  This has had varying degrees of success in my life.
So when hubby said he would have a go at  making me the bread and serving boards I have been lusting after for years, I was a little impatient to see the result.    As always I can't wait to show people so although they are not finished, here's a taster of where we are at so far.


I have to say I 'm just a tiny bit excited about them and as always, in awe of my husbands incredible skills !   They are made from beech and all hand made by my husband in his garage (sorry workshop).  It never fails to amaze me when I say to him "can you make me this please darling " and he does !  If you haven't seen the beautiful sliding barn door he made me take a look at the post HERE.


Don't put food on them yet !  Sorry Hubby, couldn't wait.  Needed to look all professional like and style them !  Meanwhile, we are looking for the perfect oil to treat them with.  Something food safe and won't darken the look of the boards.  The pale look is definitely in.  Food grade white mineral oil seems to be popular combined with a little essential oil for a nice smell, lemon or rosemary.


I'm also thinking I might dip paint the ends of some of the boards to give a bit of contrast. White and black I think.  I'm also looking for some suitable leather and rope to tie on the ends of some of them to hang the boards.


The chopping boards are a generous size also made from one piece of beech and with clever hand holds cut into each end.  I also like the idea of leather handles nailed onto the ends, but we are researching this a bit more at the moment.


So there you are, my sneak peek at the boards.  They will be available to buy soon too and will be making their debut at Crikey its vintage at the Rougemont hotel in Exeter in November.