The advent tree





It goes without saying I adore Christmas, certainly since having children it has become more magical.  Sadly this year we have
no children who still believe ! Sob! Sob! But this will not stop me carrying on with our family traditions.  One of those is our handcrafted wooden Advent tree, hung with individual handmade bags containing treats for all three boys.  No matter how old Jacob gets he still has to have his chocolate advent.



  My very clever husband made the wooden advent trees to sell in my shop.  They were an instant bestseller.  I decided to hold onto the last one when I closed the shop.  So much more attractive than the cardboard versions, available in the shops and ours is a true heirloom.





The handmade bags are all different and made from hessian (burlap) and cotton.  All hand sewn by a very talented lady in Exmouth.




This year I filled the bags with a combination of gold chocolate coins and kinder chocolate.  One for each of the boys.  I expect I will be woken at least once this month by screams of "he stole my chocolate "  December is the only month we allow the boys to really go to town on the sweets.  They know they can even eat their chocolate before breakfast !  Well advent is the time to anticipate the arrival of Jesus and time for celebration.







All set up and ready for the boys

Happy Advent