The Industrial look Boys Room




Sharing a room when you are twins will always have its ups and downs.  Least of my boys worries though, is the decor. They really don't care.  Although their own personalities have crept into each of their personal spaces, they are happy for me to decorate how I see fit, Result !
The last update of their room was about five years ago (except for a change of curtains and bedding) see the post HERE  They were eleven last December so hubby and I thought it was about time we updated their room.



I've loved the industrial decorating look for some years now and thought it would work really well for both boys.  Originally we were going to go for a strictly black and white theme but I felt we needed to go for something a bit more original, so when I saw the photo above on Pinterest I was smitten.  I'm lucky to have an amazing hubby who can pretty much turn his hand to anything.  "Can you do this please " I casually asked, shoving the laptop under his nose.  "yep, no problem" .  Ahh Love him.  Since then things are slightly on hold due to the news we found out just before Christmas HERE  But he assures me he will be back on track within a month or so.  did I say I love my husband with all my heart ?  he is an amazing, strong, incredible man, who I take far too much for granted.

ANYWAY !  Can't do a post on the completed room just yet.  So here is a sneak peak of some of the components that will make up the new room .


White bunk beds dismantled, chopped up and put back together again as single beds. painted black.  looking cool and far enough apart that the twins don't kick the hell out of each other now when they have a disagreement when they are in bed !


New leather gaming chairs.  Yep, they are old enough now to have their computers moved up to their bedroom.  Although time restraints will be strictly imposed to ensure quality family time (whatever that is, mum and dad are seriously just not cool enough these days).  I get my living room back ! Yippeeeee.


New bedding.  Starting to follow in big brothers footsteps, they are actually staying in bed longer now.  no more dawn awakening, no more five or six times a night calling for mummy.  Plus, I still get mummy snuggles as they are only eleven.  Best of both worlds.


Lots and lots of these !  Ever looked at scaffolding ?  You will know what these are then.  A cheap and cool way to achieve Industrial component shelving in a bedroom.


The building begins.  I have to admit to being really excited to see how it turns out.


We were going to paint them but, actually think they look pretty cool left as galvanised steel.


We are leaving the bookcase, wardrobes and storage shelving Nigel built in place as they are a really great solution for all that boy stuff.  Just giving them a lick of paint and some new black Vinyl.  

That's all for the sneak peak for now, hopefully the before and after post will follow soon.