The photo shoot


Blogging has bought me many wonderful experiences, trips and treats but this is the first photo shoot for a national newspaper article !  
After agreeing to take part ( only because  of the lure of a generous payment) hubby and I waited nervously on Saturday for the hair and make up artist and photographer to arrive.



I was expecting to sit on the sofa with my husband whilst the make up artist tried desperately to do something to hide my wrinkles and bring a bit of life to my parched skin, a couple of snaps from the photographer and that would be that.  Was I in for a surprise.  The photographer arrived first, a really nice chap call Bill with enough equipment to qualify him for full on paparazzi status !  He was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room but said he would still need to move the table out of the way for his backdrop.  Ahh, the penny was dropping.  This wasn't going to be some quick five minute job.


Up goes the backdrop.  A lovely pale grey colour.  Like this !  Can I keep it to use for my blog pics please ?   Hope the clothes they bring for us to wear don't clash with it.  Did I mention they were bringing clothes ?  Visions of swirly patterns and HUGE flowers raced around my head.  I had already told the journalist responsible for the article that I only wore classic clothes !  God knows what she must have thought of me.


The makeup artist arrived next.  A lovely Welsh girl called Faye with a makeup collection that would probably make most women go weak at the knees, but wasted on me I'm afraid.  I am so low maintenance when it comes to make up.  A bit of eye liner and a flick of mascara and that's my lot.  I still shudder at the memory of the so called makeup artist I employed for my wedding makeup who ended up making me look like Eddie Izzard on a bad day!  After much reassuring from both Bill and Faye I was dispatched upstairs to change into the clothes Faye had bought along.  Very happy to say there wasn't a flower in sight ! Just a lovely navy and white Bretton top, navy skirt and killer heels.




I have to say Faye did a great job on the makeup, I even wore lipstick.  Shame we forgot to take some closeup pics. 


See the labels still on the clothes ?  Yep, they did take them back.  Ahh well, maybe one day I will be allowed to keep them like the famous people do.


There were A LOT of photographs taken, A LOT !  Who knew they would need so many for just one picture for the newspaper.  The photographer though was a smashing chap and really put us at ease.  Very friendly and funny.


It was a great experience.  Wouldn't want to do it every day mind.  Those model types actually earn their big bucks.  its hard work, all that smiling and posing.  

Now all we have to do is wait for the article to be published and not be able to show our faces in public EVER again !

ohhhhh what have we done !!!