Thrifty Shopping - #Stylewise


I found myself with a little time on my hands on Friday, so what better way to spend it than doing a little thrifty shopping, a great source of inspiration and white interior design bargains.
 I took myself off to one of my favourite charity shops to see if there was any treasure to be had. My first find was this pretty glass votive, it was covered in grime and red candle wax but at 20p well, I knew it would clean up a treat.  I really miss the days when I had time to wander amongst all the many charity, thrift and recycling shops and centres hunting down treasure.



Next find, a set of four very pretty white plates.  No makers marks on these to give me an idea of age or quality.  but they are very delicate and a gorgeous, bright white.  They put me in mind of French tableware.  A bargain at just 20p per plate.




I love the detail and shape.  Ahh another stash to add to my collection of white plates.



Next up this "vintage" 5oz flour scoop ?  It certainly looks and feels like it is old.  I call it a flour scoop but I imagine it could be used for sugar, salt, sweets, grain or oats?  I am a sucker for anything I find that looks like it has some age and a story to tell.  My hubby always responds with "what are you going to use it for "  ahhh, foolish man !  Doesn't he know by now, my treasure doesn't have to have a use !


Next find, another one of my must haves when I spy them.  Glass storage jars.  I don't tend to buy too much glass unless it comes in the form or an interesting jar, vase or storm lamp.  Snapped this one up for just £1.50 !   With a houseful of boys, the cookies won't last long in it but it looks pretty for five minutes.



Can you ever have enough beautiful books ?  I always make sure I check the book sections of charity shops.  This stunning book was minus its dust cover but still had a beautiful hard cover, opening it up I discovered image after image of beautiful seaside inspired interiors and interior design inspiration.  Oh what I would give to live by the water in a sunny American state !


One of my favourite charity shops also has a great magazine section where they sell old copies for 10p each .  I almost always manage to find a handful of great style and interior design magazines.  With the popularity of the Internet and interiors and style blogs on the increase, we can forget how relaxing it can be to sit down and take time to flick through the pages of a beautiful publication.


Having a hubby at home recovering from his surgery means he also has a bit of time on his hands.  Could be dangerous, but actually I am seriously impressed with his thrifty find on Ebay.  We were admiring the stunning swissvoice epure phone in John Lewis before Christmas but it was a little too expensive for us, so when hubby found a reconditioned one on Ebay (in immaculate condition) he thought he would buy it as a surprise for me.  I have to say its totally stunning and fits perfectly into our home style.

Sadly no more thrifting for me for a week or so as I back in the office Monday morning.  Miss the days of being self employed.