Easter DIY The Bathroom


Its nearly Easter and that time of year when all good interior DIY decorating enthusiasts get out their tools !  With the promise of better weather and a long weekend off work, its a great time to finish off all those little jobs around the house or just give a room a freshen up.  
We never seem to stop freshening up our home,  good job the other half enjoys it.  The twins bedroom is almost finished, we are just waiting for some finishing touches to arrive and then they will have a lovely new bedroom fit for growing "too cool for school" boys.


Next job on our (my) list is our bathroom.  Ideally I would love to rip out the existing bath and build a large walk in shower.  Hubby doesn't agree, he thinks people still want baths in their home, I'm not so sure.

  When we first moved into this house the tiny bathroom was dominated by a large cast iron 1930s bathtub.  We decided to take down the wall and the linen cupboard next to the bathroom to enable us to extend and give us some extra much needed space.  you can see how we did it HERE  The bathroom has pretty much remained the same since the renovation and I for one absolutely hate the curved bath panel. I think its time for change but with limited funds and to be honest, other priorities at the moment, I don't think its going to happen anytime soon.


Time to get my thinking cap on.  How can I make some small and inexpensive changes to the bathroom to improve on that bath panel for one and inject a fresh new look .  Because the panel is curved its not so easy to cover it up or box it in.  I think maybe paint is going to be the answer.  There are many paint options on the market these days including paint for plastic.  I'm not too sure what colour.  Maybe an injection of colour through the paint, towels and accessories will do the job ? 




 I will though, probably stick to white as nothing brightens a room better in my mind ! or maybe 
grey ?  I'll update after Easter x  If you are looking for some inspiration for DIY for your own bathroom  pop over to to VictoriaPlum.com  who have a great DIY Bathroom advice page.


collaboration with Victoria Plum.com