March #Stylewise


I'm busy with real life at the moment, lots of follow up appointments with the husband and blogging is perhaps not a regular as it should be.  
I can always find time for a a mooch around my favourite charity and thrifty vintage shops thought.  I am currently working on a new look website and have a few fairs booked for the summer so any excuse to buy "stock" !  I found this gorgeous glass bottle at one of my regular haunts, The Vintage Trading Company on March Barton in Exeter, Devon.  If you are in the area you really should pop along, they have a great selection of sellers.  These kind of bottles are probably past their best in terms of using for water to drink, but always make amazing vases.


Next bargain find was this gorgeous Country living Modern rustic book.  Its the first time I have come across this series (this is no 1) from 2014, so I will definitely have to seek out anymore that might have been published. Its in immaculate condition and I snapped it up £5.

Image from Country living modern rustic published by david parker & Hearst Magazines UK

The book is packed full of beautiful Homes from around the world and is a real treat for those who love the pared back rustic look.  

Image from Country Living Modern Rustic Published by David Parker and Hearst Magazines UK

I've swooned over all the pages.  The styling and taste is my kind of heaven.



My next find were these gorgeous little La Fermiere terracotta pots.  Beautiful colour and well, who can resist a pretty pot !  Perfect for planting up with pretty flowers.  La Fermiere is a French yogurt company for those like me who were not in the know !


I always look out for handmade pottery.  There seems to be a lot of it about in the charity shops of Devon.  I think it probably has something to do with the amount of artists who seem to live in and around the area.  After a little research (thanks Google ) !  I found out this lovely hand crafted bowl is made by Maria Seviers from at The Old Hampstead Pottery.  Probably made around the 1950s/60s. 


Its in lovely condition and after a bit more digging i found out the company is no longer in business, which is a real shame.  There are quiet a few items for sale on various auction sites, so i will do a little more research to see if I can find one exactly the same.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, i paid 50p for it .


I had to laugh when I saw this next find.  We are having a bit of a battle of wills with no1 son at the moment and lets just say, he is pushing his luck a bit !  I just had to buy it and place it in a position of prominence at the bottom of the stairs !  of course, I love the bones of him, maybe this will serve as a reminder that he is loved no matter what x


My final find this week was this wonderful red and white ticking bolster.  oh be still my beating heart, this one might not make it to the fair in the summer.  it fits perfectly on my sofa in the dining room and is soooo comfy to lean against.  it was an absolute steal, how could anyone possibly part with it !


That's all for this week.  Although I am considering braving the cold in the morning to get up for my first bootsale of the year !  If you like my thrifty finds take a look at some of my other #stylewise posts