April #Stylewise


The trouble with having eleven year old twin boys is they no longer want to go anywhere in the school holidays.  Its a real trial trying to encourage them out of their bedroom and away from the computers and gadgets !  So I decided to take myself off yesterday for a bit of a mooch around the local charity shops in Heavitree and Topsham.  
 I found this pair of glass candlesticks (from the white company) in the Air Ambulance shop in Topsham.  Originally they would have sold for £30 each, I picked them up for £8 the pair !


My next thrifty bargain was this cute little hessian bag full of seashell hors d'oeuvre picks.  Not sure I would ever use these but what a lovely little find in a coastal charity shop.




There are several good charity shops in Topsham and as its a wealthy estuary town there are often really good quality items to be found.  There is also the large Quay Antiques conveniently located on the quay !  Its set out over three floors and has many different sellers.  I always manage to find beautiful bargains in here.  its also better out of high season when there are not so many holiday makers around snapping up all the bargains !


Not something I would normally go for but I can see its potential.  This solid metal, heavy "basket" would be great as a log basket.  I love the punched detail.  I think I may spray it white and take it along to one of the many fairs I hope to sell at this year.



Leaving Topsham, I headed back to Exeter.  If you are in the area I strongly recommend The Force Charity shop in Heavitree, Exeter.  Its had a change of management and a bit of a makeover.  its not quiet the rabbit warren of treasure it used to be, but there is still a bargain to be had.  its all about luck and timing.


Sometimes I spot something and my heart jumps.  This huge white glazed bowl was sitting waiting for me in the Force shop yesterday.  its a stunner, immaculate condition. No chips or marks and an absolute steal at just £5 !  Again, if looks and feels like it could be the white company.


I LOVE IT !


It has so many potential uses, but at the moment its just going to sit in the middle of my dining table to be admired.  fits in perfectly with my decor.


And last but not least, this little selection of baskets.  I have a cunning plan for these.

That's all for April's #Stylewise  If you like to find thrifty bargains and fancy a linky, just let me know.  I would love to link up with other like minded treasure hunters.