The January Sales


I'm not a great one for the January sales anymore.  As I have got older I don't seem to be able to cope with the disorder, rails of sale items, tables piled high with last season's rejects and crowds.  I prefer instead to bargain hunt all year round.

 Rarely buying anything for full price these days, I get a great sense of satisfaction finding a beautiful bargain in a charity shop,boot sale or online.  I have noticed though, that the charity shops in January are especially full of bargains from people clearing out their homes to make way for new items.


Found for just 60p in the local Force charity shop, this pretty mercury glass vase is perfect for a single bud and a lovely addition to my ever growing collection of mercury glass items.


Another absolute bargain find in the same charity shop is this Mercury glass candle stick.  It still had the original £20 price tag on the bottom, which. along with the quality, makes me think it is probably from the white company.  I snapped it up for £2 !


A few years ago I would never had purchased this chair, preferring instead to relove my own.  But these days working full time at the school leaves little time for painting my own furniture, so when I saw this beauty reduced in a sale at Pepper white vintage at the vintage trading company for just £35 I snapped it up to sit perfectly in my hallway.



I love the rustic chalk paint result on the seat and woodwork.



Hand painted and distressed detailing makes this chair a unique piece and bargain style for my home.


Cute wooden and tin goose found in a charity shop in Topsham for 50p.


Although I haven't been selling much on my website or Etsy in the recent past, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this beautiful palest pink and white Minton china trio when I saw it.  So delicate and pretty.  It is available to buy if anybody is interested for £9.50 plus p & p


Along with the trio above I found this matching Minton cake or sandwich plate and four side plates.  Immaculate condition and also available for sale for £15 plus p & p.


The choice in online shopping has improved massively in the last few years.  One of my favourite stores is Cox and Cox, I am rarely able to justify paying for their items when they are full price but always take a look at their sales.  Browsing their beautiful pages from the comfort of my own home is guaranteed to give me an hour or so of down time.  I also decided to treat myself in their sale this year to some of their winter items including four resin antlers reduced from £30 to just £7.50 ! 


photo : cox and cox removed

I also snapped up this set of votives.  I love candles around the home whatever the time of year and these are perfect for display all year around not just in the winter.

                                              photo ; Cox and Cox Removed

Same goes for these jeweled pears.  Love them, so pretty and delicate, I'll be displaying them around my home throughout the year.


Finally for today its always worth popping into the Poundshop.  I found these mercury glass style christmas baubles in their sale for just 25p for a box of four !!  they are really pretty and make a great display when the christmas decorations come down.  I love displaying them in this old urn.