Autumn Blues


Summer is on it's way out, so time to cosy up my home for Autumn.  I do this by changing the accessories around.  Cushions and throws are the easiest way to bring a whole new look to a room..
 I swap the pale colours of summer for darker hues and the fabrics from lighter linens and cottons to wool and heavier weight linens and lush velvets.   Autumn is all about layering, all of us love to snuggle up on the sofa on cold evenings with a blanket or throw.


I tend not to stray too far from my favourite blues and greys as they work really well with my furniture and home decor.  I was really pleased when Dulux named their colour of 2017 as Denim Drift as this fits in perfectly with my home and love of blue to accent all the white.  It also means most of the high street retailers and brands will introduce the colour into their ranges which gives me a lot to choose from.   


image : Dulux 

  I particularly love my Lennox Ocean cushions, they are from a collaboration between Monsoon and Multiyork.   Layering lots of cushions in colours and patterns that compliment each other, gives a coordinated and designer look which doesn't have to be expensive.



Image : Multiyork



This knitted throw is from the Lorraine Kelly range at J D Williams home and is a beautiful combination of blue and grey.  Soft and stylish, its a perfect autumn accessory.   If you didn't know they did homewares, I can highly recommend you pop over to their website for a browse.  You will be in for a surprise with their wide selection of affordable items.



Post in collaboration with J D Williams and Multiyork - all words, views and opinions are my own.