Hotel Chocolat Tasting Club


Winter is coming and that means its time to cosy on down.  If I was Danish, I would be thinking all things Hygge.  The pressure is off, I didn't achieve the beach bod over the summer (nor lets be honest, ever will again).
So time to cover up, snuggle down and eat chocolate !


There was a time when I thought I would never, ever again have a minute to myself.  Giving birth to twins when I was 43 meant that not only was I considered an elderly mother by the medical authorities and all those around me, but I was permanently exhausted.  I couldn't imagine that I would ever again have time to myself.  Now that my twins are nearly thirteen and my eldest son is twenty two, I suddenly find myself with lots of free time !  Nobody wants to walk on the beach or play in the park with mum anymore. So, at last. some "me time".


Cue arguably the best chocolate company in the world's offer to experience their chocolate tasting club.  Well, it would be rude not to.  Hotel Chocolat  in case you didn't know, have a monthly chocolate tasting subscription service with over 55,000 members, who get to taste all the latest recipes before anyone else.  I was sent the popular classic box, which contains such beauties as Banoffe Pie ! Now bananas are not a fruit I am overly fond of but "dear Angels above in heaven" this chocolate can only be described as HEAVENLY !


Now here's the thing.  How do I get to enjoy this divine box of chocolates all to myself without the hoard of men in my home diving in there ?  I  am sorry but no, I'm not up for sharing this box with anyone !  I spirited the box away under my bed and each night when I snuggle down to watch the latest box set on Netflix, I sneak out one or two chocolates with names like Supermilk Caesar and Chai Latte to savour in peace and quiet.  I think I can probable eke them out for another two or three nights at the most.

And no, no guilt at all !


Not sure what I will do when I finish the box, but maybe as Christmas is coming, I'll ask for a subscription to the club.  You can have 3, 6 or 12 month subscriptions.  What a wonderful present to receive, luxury chocolates arriving through the door every month !

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hotel Chocolat. The opinions and text are all mine.