Decorating with Neutrals for Christmas


Christmas , my favourite time of year.  I love everything about the anticipation, the build up, the special indulgent food, the time to rest and spend time with family and friends and of course, the decorating ! 
To many, Christmas is about bright and exuberant colours but for me it always has been about neutrals and I hope I can show you that neutrals are not boring and bland.


I love using natural pine cones.  I spray them white and display all around the house in bowls with glass baubles or pine scented pot pourri.  I replace the jars of shells in the living room with cones and scatter any spare ones amongst the branches of the Christmas tree.





If you decide to decorate with pale, neutral colours use lots of different textures to add interest and relief.  I love to use worn, rustic materials like rusted metal , weather worn wood, old iron stone bowls and mercury glass.  I layer winter fabrics on my sofas, beds and chairs.  Woollen throws, sheepskin rugs and Christmas inspired linen cushions.




Candles and candle holders play a big part in my Christmas decorating scheme.  I can never have enough, in all shapes and sizes all throughout my home.  Real candle light and LED light work well side by side.  There are so many options available in the shops now.  I particularly love my tall, metal town houses, lit with tea lights, they glow beautifully at night.  It reminds me of passing row upon row of softly lit winter homes.










I hope I have inspired you a little to bring some simplicity and nature into your home this Christmas.


This post has been written in collaboration with Cox & Cox all words and opinions are my own.  I only collaborate with companies I feel will fit the theme of my blog and appeal to my readers.