Pine Wardrobe Makeover



It wasn't so long ago that my bedroom caught the grey bug.  I loved it for a while, but then, like always, I just had to go back to mostly white with blue accents.
  So when I found a  "can't pass up" old pine cupboard for sale on a local selling site for a bargain price of £45 I had to buy it, oh and a pine box to go with it.  Well, couldn't leave the box, I'm sure I will find a use for it when my She Shed is finally finished.


The wardrobe and box before picture.  Both were in pretty poor condition, with stains and loose parts but they were made of solid pine and so worth the effort.  Hubby set to work sorting the loose and broken parts and then I gave them both a good clean.   I wanted to paint the wardrobe to match the curtains in the bedroom so off to the local B & Q store to paint match.  I found what I thought was the perfect colour match in the Valspar Collections paint from the Bookcase range called Merlin.


You can see the curtains reflected in the mirror.  The end result of the paint colour was perfect thanks to my husband.  Unfortunately the original merlin colour we matched in the paint shop was way too bright.  It was like a peacock blue when we put it on the wood.  My husband knew what was coming next !  Nope, that won't do, its horrible, it doesn't match the curtains or my art work !  You think I am joking, nope, I was deadly serious. 



So poor hubby set to work adding black paint to the Merlin paint to darken it and get it to match as near as possible to the almost denim blue of the curtains.


I knew he could do it !  He always comes through for me.  I couldn't wait to cover the wardrobe, I could visualise how great it would look with the new handles.


I found the handles on Etsy but had to wait for them to be shipped from China.  They were worth the wait.  Large and solid and the perfect colour to match the blue and the style of the wardrobe.


I decided to go for two handles on each drawer rather than one central one, which definitely completed the look.  







I'm so pleased with it.  Total cost £85 !