Direct Wood Flooring - New Floor Part 2



Its official, I'm in LOVE !  Our new engineered wooden floor has been down for a couple of weeks now and it has completely transformed how the upstairs landing looks. 
Its gone from a drab, grubby carpet to beautiful, clean and bright space.  You can see how it all began here   Once all the preparation work was done, the actual laying of the boards was a pretty quick exercise.  Although hubby might not agree when it came to corners and the edge of the staircase (more of that later).


If you are thinking of laying wood flooring there is so much choice available.  We were lucky enough to be approached by Direct Wood Flooring who have an extensive selection on their website.  We thought at first we would go for hard wearing Laminate Flooring but when we saw the beautiful Engineered woods, we were smitten.


I actually love the fact that now all my boys are "big"  I can put plants and ornaments out.  I would never have been able to put that plant at the top of the stairs a few years ago, it would either have been used as a weapon, or knocked down the stairs within minutes of placing it there to shouts of "its not my fault".


Love how the flooring colour is a perfect match to the bathroom sink unit.



I really do think my husband has done an exceptional job taking into account all the corners, edges and doorways ! 


This photograph shows how he cut the board to fit around the corner and under the skirting.  Once the skirting boards were put back on it looks like the floor boards run seamlessly underneath.  If you don't want to or can't take the skirting off, there is a purpose made beading you can buy to match the skirting or flooring which will cover up the cut edge.  Hubby though, doesn't feel it looks as aesthetically pleasing (his words, not mine). 


To give a smooth, professional finish to the edges, hubby seals with silicon.


I have to say I was in awe of his skill when it came to laying the boards at the top of the staircase.  This was probably the hardest job.  The edges of the boards have a tongue one side and a grove the other to enable them to fit together.  At the staircase edge he had to use a router to round over the edge to give a smooth and finished appearance.  I love the end result.



The end result.  It looks lovely.  So smooth and a perfect finish.



All finished.  I am really thrilled and can't thank Direct Wood Flooring enough for their collaboration with me.  If you are thinking of putting down wooden flooring in your home, do pop over to their website where they have lots of gorgeous flooring currently on sale.  Also if you require a little more inspiration, I have set up at Fabulous Floors Pinterest board which is full of gorgeous wooden floor images.